Working to reduce food waste:
At RTC Foods Innovation we believe it is important to try and reduce food waste as much as we can. In line with this commitment we have been working with local food charities to support those in need.
Now we are proud to partner with both OzHarvest Australia and KiwiHarvest New Zealand.
Developing new protein products:
We are constantly working on developing and manufacturing new protein products to meet our customers demands. It is very satisfying to work on a product from the beginning point of samples and trials, through to the end when we have a finalised product selling to customers. But this can also mean we have end of line or excess product that needs a home.
As a company we are committed to reducing food waste. We do not want perfectly edible product to go to landfill when the demand for food relief in our country continues to rise. As OzHarvest states, there are over five million people in Australia struggling with food security.
Stopping good food going to waste and getting it to people in need helps in many ways:
- Nutritious food for charities by providing high quality food to agencies which may not have been previously available.
- Savings for charities as vital funds saved from grocery bills can be redirected to education, rehabilitation and other programs.
- Protecting the planet by ensuring good food gets eaten rather than going to landfill helps reduce the negative impact of food waste on the environment.
- Savings for food donors through reducing costs for excess food disposal and storage costs and increasing the positive impact on the local community.
Credit to original source: https://www.ozharvest.org/what-we-do/our-story/
That is why we are proud to be working with OzHarvest Australia, as well as their friends over the ditch KiwiHarvest New Zealand.
Last week we donated half a tonne of pork product to OzHarvest in Brisbane. We also donated half a tonne of turkey product to KiwiHarvest.
“Meat is something we don’t get a lot of so it’s great to have RTC Foods Innovation on board as a food donor”
- Belinda Hughes; KiwiHarvest